Pages

Sunday 2 October 2016

Crafting musketeers challenge 42: boxes


This is my design creation for Crafting musketeers challenge 42: boxes. Please click on the link to see the lovely creations by the rest of the team and we would love you to join in our challenge.

Recently I bought a couple of kraft boxes from The Works, thinking they would come in handy and so I decided to use one of them. I sometimes have a look in TKMaxx to see if they have any cheap craft items and I found a little folder of 8 baby cards ... I wasn't really bothered about the actual cards, although I might be able to use bits of them some time, but was interested in the lovely craft patterned folder they were in. I used pieces of this to cut up and decorate the lid of the box, colouring the base with a fluorescent spectrum noir pen and wrapping round with the three different coloured washi tapes.

I printed the lovely box/bow image kindly supplied by The Stamping Boutique, sponsor of the challenge, colouring with fluorescent spectrum noir pens and edging with one of the washi tapes. I decorated the sides of the lid with some of the upcycled patterned kraft card and washi.


I've just taken a photo in daylight and it shows the fluorescent colours a lot more accurately ... you might need sunglasses on!


This is also for:

My time to craft 330: anything but a card
Lil patch of crafty friends 43: anything goes
Craft your passion 331: anything goes
Through the craftroom door: anything goes
Doodle pantry ants in my pantry 22: anything goes
Sunny day crafting 16: anything goes
DL.ART October linky

7 comments:

  1. This is a stunning l like it a lot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift box and love the bold colours teamed with the kraft.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright and colourful. Lovely gift box.


    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Regards,

    TTCRD DT

    Mel Gee crafts {My Blog}

    Through The Craft Room Door

    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super box Hazel, love the design.Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us again. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box and coloring. Thanks for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift box you created! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool box, great image! Thanks for joining Doodle Pantry's AIMPDC good luck and hope to see you again! Dawn Doodle Pantry DT

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated